Friday, April 15, 2011

The Famous Russian Star & Islam






Women of the city of Kazan have freedom to wear Islamic Hijab: they can be finding in shops, universities, subways and on the streets of the city. 

We met Alice Husainova, a former soloist of the famous hip-hop group Superalisa in one of the most tranquil places of the historical center of Kazan «Hermitage Garden». The appearance of Alice is not similar to her Muslim sisters that try to wear a scarf with bright colors of the Tatar national dress. 

In the past, Alisa Husainova was a member of Moscow club. She was one of the most famous characters of the Russian music group and in the early 2000 she got the attention of Moscow and European musical aesthetes. Artemi teroitski wrote: critics called her the Queen of singer Tatar. In 2004 she released an album, which became a real event in the life of Russia's musical underground. Alice was well-known not only in Russia, but she was invited to major international music festivals. But suddenly 
she refused all of this: Alice has decided to withdraw from the scene. For more than a year and a half, she did not favor.

“I have accepted Islam. It is more important for me that what is happening to me now”, said Alice.
All of her family converted to Islam: her husband Ahmed, the younger brother Bulat and her mother, who was at the school of Muhammadiyah in city of Kazan.

According to her: My idea has been changed after the birth of my daughter: 
«At first I tried to perform both motherhood and singing, but then realized that this is impossible because of life difficulties. Moreover many women are afraid for their careers to miss something and then not employ careers for their children. The nature of Tatar is not the word career (nanny) because none of them trusted careers. I totally took my daughter; this is a worthy occupation for a woman. I spend all of my free time with my daughter (Maryam) 

During this time, I became more religious, my past works for me is already outdated. In general, through the Tatar culture, I gradually perceive the feeling of motherhood and women as a Muslim.

Alice is studying literature on Islam, the history of the Tatar people and their art. On its stage life, she remembers reluctantly: 
«You see, I do not want to speak after the public. I disappointed of music, I think those people are arrogant. I do not want to try them more like it. I have many times been invited to the concerts. For example, in Switzerland, Estonia, but I refused».

Alice married a Tatar 5 years ago in Moscow, director of the profession. Then she says Shahadatin on the path of Islam. Her husband is from a religious Tatar family and played an important role in the process of her converting in to Islam. 
«You see, I think that everyone should strive to get to paradise. I do not know what could be better than this? »

A few days ago, Alice decided to go back to Kazan that she feels more comfortable: 
«Before, I wanted to go Moscow, but now I realized that I was more comfortable in Kazan. For me, it has become important that Kazan - this Tatar capital. While in Moscow or St. Petersburg, I am afraid of the attacks and aggression on the part of others because of my Hijab. In Moscow I had to seek some shops to buy Islamic books, but in Kazan, it is very easy, I just go to any Muslim shop and buy it. There are a lot of mosques, Islamic cafe where I am pleased to talk with Muslims. There is benevolent attitude towards Muslims. I love Starotatarskuyu slobodu Kazan. I like to walk there.

Alisa said: it is important for me as a member of good and worthy family. I feel calm and relax beside my husband. I always dedicate my time with my child. I hope my daughter in the future will be able to continue my Islamic business .



www.abna.ir

No comments:

Post a Comment